Sunday, March 31, 2019

Back to Melbourne

Calder wanted me to get a sweater clad penguin, but I resisted.  A picture is a good enough memory.
After all of the excitement, we headed back to the bus.  On the way we encountered a wild bandicoot.
Calder took his picture  while I stood very still so I wouldn’t frighten him.  He got closer and closer and then he chomped
down on my foot.  I squealed and shook him off.  He didn’t
break through the shoe.  It felt like when you push on the toe to see if the shoe is big enough.

The ride back to Melbourne took about 2 hours and then we drove around to drop everyone off at their hotel.  Calder and I were 2nd to last.

We took hot showers and fell into bed totally wiped out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good thing you weren't wearing sandals! lol xoxo Susan

Ellen Bloom said...

I love reading about your adventures, Joan! These photos are great!