Friday, May 18, 2012

Getting started again May 16, 2012

A lot has happened since my last post.  Calder turned 8.

Branwen turned 6.

And I stayed 39.  Whoops, that is how old Alec is!  We went to a Yale dinner party at Frank Lloyd Wright's Taliesin West for his present. 

But, the biggest news is:  WE ARE FINALLY REDOING MY HOUSE.  We have been talking about it for years and years and it is finally happening.

I have weeded out tons of the junk that we have accumulated in 37 years. 


 I made trips to Goodwill everyday.  I packed until I thought my back would break. 

 This weekend was very busy which took time away from my packing.  First we had Children's Day at the elementary school.  Branwen performed in her Japanese Dance and her Kindergarten dance routine.

 Calder was in his class' song and dance, the whole school playing instruments and Taiko drumming.

Then. Sunday was Mother's Day.  We went to a Mommy & Me Tea.  The ladies could choose hats.

We all had tea stuff, and then I went home to pack some more.


Monday was the day that the moving out started.   The POD is parked beside the house and the garage is taking the overflow. 

Notice that the contractor has set up a little office in the garage.  The guys sit around to eat their lunch.  It is very civilized.  On Monday almost everything had been carried out, but I still could have changed my mind.


 Tuesday was the beginning of DEMOLITION!  My bedroom was trashed.


The kitchen was started.


 There is no turning back.



2 comments:

Ellen Bloom said...

Looking forward to seeing the progress on your home, Joan!! Welcome back to blogging!

slg said...

Gone is the green shag carpet from when you moved in and the yellow kitchen tile. Yippee!!!!