Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Another old friend

I had two groups of friends in Geneva. The Anglican church craft group and mommies and toddlers that lived in the same apartment complex.
Gabi was the one that I stayed close with, so I really wanted to visit with her, too.

We walked along the little stream in our old village. (it is much bigger now!)


We sent notes to some of the other people from that time and best of all, heard back from them. So then we took some pictures to send
The two of us


Tim (15 1/2), Carolin (18 - she was two when we first met and I became Oma Joan), Nelly the dog and Gabi


Gabi teaches kindergarten in the German school. They are moving into a brand new space so we went to see it
The upper school


The upper level will be the reading nook. The underneath part is for playing house. It has the normal play stove and fridge, but also has a microwave and dishwasher


They have a nice room for playing inside in bad weather which they share with another room


The bathroom. They call this the kindergarten, but it is from 3 to 5 years


Gabi and I talked, drank tea and talked - just like old times.

I had a fabulous time visiting with all of my friends. The time was too short, but I am glad to be going home. It will be good to sleep in my own bed and be in my own house.

I will try to post some of the movies - especially from the wedding.

No comments: