Monday, July 02, 2012

Tuesday, July 2 our last day

Just a day of packing and finishing up. I had to go back to Rue Rivoli for some stuff, so Ford came with me to help find the correct shop. We think it was closed today - but I found what I needed anyway.

Marie and I took a walk around the neighborhood. The fifth floor of her building is a convent of the Sacred Heart. Recently the mummified body of the founder was returned to France after a stay in Belgium during an anti religious period in France. Our walk took us to the church were she now rests. I GIVE YOU - THE NUN MUMMY:



She really looks very waxen. The coffin is very beautiful.



The golden dome of The Invalides caught our eye



as well as a really pretty building



Last but not least a Segway herd.



This is a popular area for them. They ride around the Champs de Mars and the streets have wide pavements and not much foot traffic.

We are staying close tonight, going to a brasserie right around the corner, so that we don't have to walk too far. There might be a P. S. if it is interesting.

No comments: