Monday, April 03, 2023

4/3 Coliseum, Forum & food

 Today was a fabulous day.  Everything went well.  My back still twinges when I stand, but I can walk, sit and sleep comfortably.  I’ll look on the bright side.

We started early and took the Metro to the closest stop  to the coliseum.  Checked out the meeting spot and then went and had breakfast.  I had cappuccino and plain croissant, B had iced latte and Nutella croissant.

We had skip-the-line tickets.  When we saw the line we were REALLY HAPPY.  We explored at our own pace and B found the elevator so I didn’t have to climb the thousand steps.  We have a zillion pics of the coliseum, but I’m only showing a few.

Our tickets also included The Forum complex.  B really liked exploring through the ruins.  We came across a group with a young man down on one knee and I rushed over to ask if it was what I thought it was?  YES.  I said I took bride pictures all over the world and could I take one of them?  So here they are.

We were walking to a side exit when a French couple asked if we knew where a WC was.  Amazingly, we could tell them because we had used the one close by earlier. Across the street from our exit was a pleasant looking restaurant, so we had our late lunch.  I had pasta with scampi and lime and B had a margarita pizza with burrata. 

We walked a different route to the Trevi Fountain gelato place.  This time I had the small cup with mint and chocolate with nuts.  B had the medium with Oreos, Nutella and chocolate. Then we walked home again. This time sunny all the way.  We stopped at the same grocery store and got a very different foccio because we are having bread and salami for dinner again - and still haven’t finished it. Pics next.

No comments: