Friday, April 07, 2023

4/7 last day in Venice

 We had done all of the really important things yesterday, so today we are taking it easy.  Slept late.  Went to a cafe around the corner and sat in the sun for lunch.  Ham and cheese toasted sandwich for B and another in my taste testing of pizza for me.  She had an iced latte (it doesn’t have any ice) and I had hot.  Just as we were finishing, a pigeon swooped over my head.  I felt it’s feathers on my forehead.  Perhaps it was the one I made B chase yesterday getting revenge.

Then we wandered and shopped.  Lots of little stores with souvenirs and also some with Moreno glass and carnival masks.  We bought from the man in the picture and discovered that he actually makes the items in his shop.  Win-win we liked them. There was a vegetable market boat. A couple that were celebrating their wedding anniversary. (I didn’t have the nerve to ask if that had been her dress AND WHY ON EARTH WOULD SHE WEAR IT ANYWAY!) There was a nice exhibition of da Vinci's machines.  Some of them we could actually touch and work.

Back to the room to rest, do all the pre-check in stuff (which is a little more complicated since it now has to be done from B's phone, and start packing.

We are going back to the first restaurant tonight.  We really liked it and B wants to try their tiramisu.


No comments: