Thursday, August 22, 2024

8/22 Dinner

 One note. The reason that I am posting in short bits is  because the blog is not letting me see the page past a certain point.

Val and I both have CPAP machines that need distilled water.  It is not carried in the supermarket, because I had tried 2 of them.  The second one said that the pharmacy just around the corner was our best bet.  We found the pharmacy on our way back.  We had to ask the pharmacist to get it from the back.  It comes in 500 mL bottles, so we bought 4.  My machine took 300 mL.  I think we need to get more for the time on the boat.

We went to the bar for Happy Hour to decide where we wanted to go for dinner.  I had a New York sour.  Really tasty.


We wanted a light dinner so picked Icelandic Street Food.  The choices were limited to soups and stews, either in a bread bowl or with bread on  side.  (The bread on the side was the rounds cut from the bowls. 4 of us had the Fisherman’s seafood soup and. Maggi had cod and mashed potatoes mixed together. (In French this is Brandade de Morue.) We all really enjoyed our meal and loved that it was served IMMEDIATELY.  Really, Larry and I ordered at the counter downstairs and followed the first 3 bowls up the stairs.



Walked back to the hotel and separated to rest our weary bones.  I walked 12,293 steps.

No comments: