Wednesday, August 21, 2024

August 20th. The Adventure Begins

 Alec picked me up before the crack of dawn for my version of “The longest day”.  Met Maggi and Larry in the bag drop off line at the airport.  Delta had BIG crowds everywhere. The gate area had 3 flights going out at about the same time. The agents started every instruction with “This is for the flight going to wherever”.  We were going to Detroit, but the Seattle plane had the announcement that there was a major seat change.  Everyone was being clumped in the back of the plane BECAUSE THE FRONT WAS TOO HEAVY!

Maggi described ur flight to Detroit as like a long bus ride.  

Since we had 5 hours to kill we found a nice restaurant for lunch. I had steak, Larry -pork chops and Maggi chicken tenders.  We took our time ordering, eating and just chatting, so used up quite a bit of time. 

The flight to Reykjavik was completely full, the aisle was narrow and the seats were small.  We all had aisle seats so were not as squished.  The movie playlist was limited and I ended up watching “Cool Runnng” a very old movie, but fun.

The dinner was weird but surprisingly good.  I had the fruit and cheese platter.  Apples, grapes, apricots, almonds, crackers and a small chocolate bar.  All the fruit was very fresh.  One of the better airplane meals I’ve had.

None of us slept, but I did manage to finish a book.

No comments: