Friday, September 19, 2014

9/17/2014 still no suitcase

Today had always been planned as a rest day. M &B went golfing with friends. I stayed home to rest and try to find my suitcase. When I discovered that it wouldn't be delivered for awhile, I went out for lunch and a wander.

I haven't been here to Sancerre for years. We used to have lunch here a lot because the American library is just around the corner.

They still had my favorite: Crottin on toast and salad. I had a glass of Sancerre to round it out.


Then I went to see my favorite door in Paris. I have been looking at this door and taking its picture for 34 years and never noticed that it is a phallus. Marie has just obtained a library card here and borrowed a book of 300 curious things to see and the door was in it, pointing out this feature.


Then I walked to the Quai Branley Museum. These pictures are for Brooks. He wondered how the plants on the outside of the building were doing. Some were looking overgrown, some a little sparse.





M&B came home from golf and we had pork belly for dinner.

The baggage delivery service called and asked if they could bring the suitcase between 9 and midnight. But of course!

And I waited,
And I waited,
And I waited.

Midnight came and went, I really didn't sleep all night.



Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: