Friday, September 19, 2014

Sept. 15, 2014 maybe I will get to Paris

A grand adventure begins with a problem. The plane is broken. They try to fix it - that makes the problem bigger. They try to fix that, each time assuring us that we will be off in a few minutes. At last they move us to a new plane. We are now 2 hours into the trip and still in Los Angeles. I do still have my seat on the aisle.

When we arrive in Philadelphia, they announce that anyone who has had a flight that was supposed to leave before we landed should see the gate agent. That, unfortunately, includes me.

Wonder of wonders, they have a pretty good system. They have already made all of the reticketing arrangements and we just have to get our new boarding passes. One of the agents is off to the side announcing that she has all of the Munich passes. (I guess that there were many of them.)

I am now going to Frankfurt and then to Paris. The girl sitting next to me was on a flight that was canceled because the pilot was in an accident on the way to the airport. She had heard that he had either broken his arm or died - she didn't know which. I still have my aisle!!!

Frankfurt is trying to outdo the Mall of America for shopping. Which is wonderful if you have a long wait for your flight. If, on the other hand, you don't you really have to scurry. I had to take a train to another terminal, do passport control and security. They checked my CPAP machine for explosives! Then my gate was at the very end. I made it with about 10 minutes to spare. Good thing I didn't stop for anything.

My seat mate on this flight had been delayed for 3 hours in DC. PLUS Air France was on strike.

Well, I made it on Tuesday but my suitcase didn't arrive until Thursday afternoon.

Marie and Bill were glad that I had finally made it. A big thank you to Jef for taking care of notifying the shuttle company of my change.

I walked with M & B to buy pork chops for dinner. They had invited Francoise
from across the hall for dinner. (She is known as the French Joan, because she is always willing to come for dinner at a moments notice.)

It was a harder trip than usual, but Paris is just wonderful.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: