Saturday, September 20, 2014

9/18/2014 PANIC and relief

I didn't sleep at all until Marie woke up to monitor the phone. I took a nap until they left to go to China town to buy shrimp.

The delivery company did not reply to emails and did not answer any number that I had. I called my airline and they said that they had no way of contacting the company. They only faxed. In a moment of dialing frenzy, I called Air France because this is basically an Air France airport. The lady there was extremely helpful. (Perhaps because they were on strike and she had nothing else to do.) she managed to find out that the company still had the case and would deliver it in the afternoon. They would call 1 hour before.

They had updated their website saying the ETA was 1 o'clock. It was 12:30, so I figured that I was screwed again. Marie and Bill came back and we were just sitting down for bacon and eggs when my phone rang. MY SUITCASE WAS DOWNSTAIRS. WOULD I COME AND GET IT? I ran down in pajamas that Marie had lent me I was so excited!

Now, I wasn't chained to the apartment. We decide to go to the Chateau Champs Sur Marne. It is only about 10 miles outside of Paris, so was a nice afternoon excursion.

Marie and I did a complete tour of the chateau and grounds. Bill chose to stay in the car and read and practice his golf swing.

A sweet little chateau that is still in use to host foreign dignitaries. They had added bathrooms and used the little servants corridors between the walls, so we got to see a completely different chateau experience.






Marie and I,have discovered a good way to do selfies.


The kitchen garden.


We went home for salmon for dinner. I was falling asleep at the table, so went to bed and slept for 11 hours.



Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: