Monday, August 15, 2016

8/14/2016 Elizabeth's, nibbles, lunch, talk

The rest of the family took uber to the airport and went home.  Alec said the flight was brutal for him because he  had caught a bad cough.  He slept sitting up on the couch last night.  I'm sure that anyone sitting near him thought they were going to catch the plague.

I took uber to a train station to go to Beaconsfield to visit my friends Elizabeth and John.  We met in Geneva when Elizabeth and I were part of the craft group of the English church.  (The children have been taking good care of me this trip.  They carried my suitcases down to the street.  Calder has taken responsibility for hooking up my CPAP machine and he also finds the WiFi passwords and connects everyone's devices.)

Elizabeth picked me up and then we were off to a friend of theirs for drinks and nibbles.  The woman was widowed and was entertaining friends and neighbors for the first time.  She served much more than we expected, but we couldn't eat too much because we had lunch reservations.

We all had plaice.


You can have nice flowers when you live someplace where it rains.


Mostly we just talk and talk and talk.


No comments: