Wednesday, August 17, 2016

8/15 - 8/18/2016 Visiting in Beaconsfield

I am consolidating my last 4 days.  John wasn't well, so we stayed close to home.  When we realized the situation, Elizabeth and I went to Cooks, which has the best frozen dinners I have ever seen.  

One night we had chicken in lemon and thyme sauce with peas, leeks, and mint.


Another night we had Moroccan lamb with grilled vegetables.


John, poor thing, had poached chicken.

Elizabeth felt badly about leaving me alone the day she had to take John to the doctor.  I said that I could just walk the 2 blocks into town and explore the shops and get a little lunch.  But another of her friends  invited me for coffee.

We went to the Rotary Club dinner. The speaker was the town crier.  WHO KNEW THAT THERE WERE STILL TOWN CRIERS?  I was fascinated.  He spoke about other things in just regular clothes, but offered to bring a picture the next day.  He won the competition for this post when he graduated from high school and will hold it until he can't fulfill his duties.  He has won national competitions and was the official crier at Queen Elizabeth's golden jubilee ceremony in Windsor.  For his day job, he remodels bathrooms.  I got to ring the bell. It is really really heavy.


I had pork medallions and Eton Mess for dessert at the Rotary dinner. 



Elizabeth took me to the airport early Thursday morning.  Virgin Atlantic was much better than KLM.  The family brought pizza for dinner and I went to bed soon after.

Thus ends another great trip.  We are building memories.

No comments: