Monday, May 14, 2007

Monday chores

May 14, 2007 Monday

Today is cleaning lady day. I said that I didn’t know what she does for 3 hours – now I do. She dusts and washes every surface in the whole place. Because of all of the construction, we live in a dust bowl. After being away for 4 days, with only the porch windows open, there was a layer of grit and dust on everything. You can see the paths we take on the floors. I am going to have to buy a can of air to clean my computer and camera when I get home.

Speaking of home – We only have 2 more weeks here in Hefei. Then we go to Wuhan for a week. We are now making arrangements for a trip to the 3 Gorges while we are there. Then a day or so in Shanghai and home.

Took Chuck’s shirts to the laundry and was supposed to pick up 4. They weren’t ready – I wonder what happened. Since I’ll never know, I just hope that they haven’t been lost. (4 flights)

Lunch and then computer stuff again. I’m getting everything settled for Prague and Slovakia. (Can you believe it? We will be home two weeks and then off again!)

Ate dinner at home. Chuck picked up goodies for dessert at the bakery on his way home. I heated leftovers. Beef with mushrooms, and then mixed together 2 beef dishes and a greens. Since I only have 2 burners and 2 pots, I consolidate a lot.

Chuck went to teach his class and I went to the bakery outside of the wall to get something for breakfast. (4 flights)

I called my friend Brandi. It was 5:30 her time. She is about the only person I know, that is always going to be awake at that time. It was good to hear the news of all of the knitters.

It is still delightful weather here. The apartment gets a good cross breeze so we have not needed the air conditioner, which I now know how to work.

No comments: