Thursday, November 02, 2023

11/2 Jane Austen The Fun Begins

 Up and out. We are off to the Gaylord.  The Aloft had a serious problem because the only way that a Lyft could drop us off was by going through an alley.  We were waiting on the street when I got a call from Larry.  Do you have a white cap on?  Nooo, I have white hair.  Turn around, I’m in the alley.

Our room was ready so we moved in and then I rushed off to register and get to my first class.  (Designing Lydia Bennet’s Bonnet.)  The teacher showed us one she had made from a 99 cent store straw sun hat.


Then we made flat ones using trimmings that she provided.


I was starving after my class.  Met Liz in the Mountain View restaurant and had a burger.  Ate it too fast to take its picture.

P & P potpourri was 6 short presentations about various facets of the JA body of related knowledge.

Then off to Country dance. In an hour and 1/2 we learned and practiced 4 dances.  I was pretty proud of myself that I was able to do it all.  The difference between sea level and mile high is pretty great when you are dancing.  It did strike me that if an older gentleman was looking to meet educated interesting women, this conference would be a really good bet.

Grabbed a small snack on the way to the room and am now going to put my feet up and rest.

No comments: