Friday, November 03, 2023

11/3/23 Pride and Predjudice: A Rocky Romance

 I always over schedule the first time I go to a conference.  Today I started at 8:30.

Embroider The World of Jane Austen

The was a great class. We each received a kit and then a separate piece to learn with.












Talks I went to, no pictures:

The opening of the AGM Annual General Meeting.  

The keynote speaker “Austen Escape - Dr.Claudia Johnson

Old money, new money, no money:  The Role of Carriages in P & P - Deborah Paquin

The Bennet Female Agency - Catherine Sweeting

Liz and I ate in the Cantina.  I had a small chicken taco and the fruit with chili salt and lime.  (A wonderful side effect of high altitude is that I’m not hungry)

Last on my schedule today was the Young Filmmakers Contest finalists.  This is done by my Southwest Chapter.  The contest is open to high school and college students and some of their work is truly wonderful.

Then our chapter got together for a picture. I took many wonderful pictures of people in Regency Dress

Jane is president of my chapter.  She sews and has a huge wardrobe of costumes.



You haven’t lived until you are walking through the lobby of your hotel and see this coming toward you:


Tomorrow, I will be in costume too.  Good night 



 

No comments: