Monday, November 06, 2023

11/5/2023 The curtain closes

 With an extra hour, I had lots of time to pack.  Our checkout time was 11- the conference ended at 12 at the other side of this very  large hotel.  Being the pre planner that I am, I had requested an extension.  I had also arranged to share a ride to the airport with Judy from Arizona.  She asked if she could park her suitcase in my room, so she would be out in time.

The morning meeting was also a brunch.  Quite a tasty selection of savory and sweet.  Part of the final morning is honoring all of the workers who spent the last 3 years of their lives getting ready for this.  Then the final speaker was the author, Stephanie Barron.  She writes murder mysteries with Jane as the detective.  She was making the point at in this era young women did not have much opportunity to find out about a possible spouse except for the very superficial.  Thus Wickham makes a much better impression than Darcy.  A woman had to be a detective to be able to make good choices.  

The end of the meeting had presentations from the hosts of 2024 (Cleveland) and 2025 (Baltimore.)

Judy and I trudged back to pick up our luggage and get our Lyft.  We separated at the airport and I found a quiet spot to read.  

THEN,BAD NEWS.  Liz had tested positive for Covid.  Unfortunately, I did too when I got home.  I’m taking Paxlovid and quarantining, but aside from a runny nose feel fine.  Keeping my fingers crossed that it stays that way.

More pictures of people in costume:





I am waiting to see if there is a really nice picture of me - if there is,I will post it later.


No comments: