Monday, September 09, 2013

8/27 b

The floating flower shops are one shop after another of loveliness.


Right across the walk was a shop selling other things that Amsterdam is famous for. We got a big kick out of the knitted cock.


Ana had seen a little box that she regretted not buying, so we tried to retrace our steps. We found the store where we had taken shelter in the rain. I remembered it because of the great garden made of metal.





The sales clerk insisted that they had never carried the box Ana remembered. Where could it have been? Outside we continued retracing our walk and found it in the store across the canal. Ana calls me her living GPS, and still cannot believe that I was able to find the store.

This giant dog was sharing his master's steak. (I'm not sure it was entirely voluntary.)



We went to our favorite frite place to have one last indulgence (with mayo) and then to the bar that let us sit with a beer and eat them. See, we really do know our way around now.

Took the train back and went to bed early. Ana has to leave for the airport by 6:30 and as soon as she leaves I need to be up and getting ready. I, at least, have time for the breakfast that comes with the room.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: