Tuesday, September 10, 2013

8/28 - 9/3 Beaconsfield

The best part of my trip was to visit an old friend. Elizabeth and I met in the craft group in Geneva. We both remember those days fondly. The last time we saw each other was 11 years ago when Alec, Jef and I were in England.

For this part of the trip, I'm just going to clump things together instead of going day by day.

John suggested that I label this "The Meredith's welcoming me to their summer cottage!" (Really it is the gate to Blenheim Palace. They really live in a lovely 3 story red brick with a dogwood in the front. Hence their address Dogwoods.)


Tea and crumpets were a favorite in the afternoon.


But we also enjoyed a Pimm's cup. I learned how and now I,can make them at home.


The elephant was my napkin holder. In America we tend to use These for decoration instead of their real purpose which is to identify one's napkin for more than one use.


My new favorite place was Cooks. They have the best frozen prepared food I have ever tasted. Elizabeth feels comfortable serving these at dinner parties. (And she really did do all of her own cooking for important business dinners, so she has really high standards. (Unlike me.)) Here, we have Chicken
Dijon and
Chicken, ham and leek pie.


I love the fact that all desserts are called "pudding".


This was the bacon section at the supermarket. Calder would be in heaven.


We went to Costco on Friday. Which is my day to go at home. John loves to go to the cheap lunch place. They had almost the same menu, exactly the same seating, but were not as efficient in serving.



Looks the same.


Same raspberries exactly. I forgot to check the prices.


Same fish stand


Same loaded carts.


Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: