Sunday, September 08, 2024

8/25 Last day in Reykjavik

 We started the day with a visit to Perlman.  This is a natural history museum and I highly recommend it. 

Maggi in an ice cave. Much safer than the ones in the cave that collapsed.  (I think we may have seen them walking up to the glacier.)













                                                                                                                                                                Northern lights show (we saw some our first night on the ship for a brief  moment.  They actually made a loud speaker announcement at 2 am and I rushed to my veranda to see.  After that we were too far north.)

Puffin cliff.  We were after the nesting season, so this the best that we could do.
We took a cab back to the hotel and then to the dock which is where everything went wrong.  The tour company had sent several notifications with corrections about where our ship was docked.  None of them was correct.  Our cab driver threw us out at the address but it was a Princess cruise ship and our little ship was nowhere to be found.

Larry was still hobbling so Maggi and I scoured the area to find the ship.   Maggi found it and they said that they would send help immediately.  Immediately took a long time.  It was cold and very windy.  Finally Nuno came with a tiny car that would take one suitcase and two people. Larry had to ride. Nuno came to where I was with the other people and started a loooong explanation about how it wasn’t their fault.  I cut him off and said “I don’t care whose problem it was, I want it solved NOW.  The rest of our little group walked to the ship with Nuno dragging my large bag.  I was upgraded from the cheapest cabin to a suite!  He was really nice to me the rest of the trip.






No comments: