Monday, September 09, 2024

9/7 Maritime stuff

 Adrienne spent the day with Val and the doctors.  Maggi, Larry and I went sightseeing. We took a ferry to the Maritime museum area.  It was such a beautiful WARM  day. I wasn’t prepared to really have summer at the end of the trip.

The Norwegians have always been seafarers and have a long history which wasn’t always pillaging and plundering.
The museum has a boat building workshop where ships are being built in the old handcrafted manner.
Not much space in early cabins.  The desk looking thing between the beds opens up to be a sink!
Larry checking out Kon-Tiki.  I remembered reading about this when I was a child and was excited to see it in person.

We met Dorothy from the ship.  She had hung out with us when she wanted some time away from the group (her husband and another couple) she was with.







The 4 of us went for dinner to Elias which was just down the street.

Smoked Whale
Elk Carpaccio 
Herring and smoked salmon with stuff.
Pumpkin soup
Sheep and cabbage (A Norwegian national  dish)
Reindeer stew with red currants
Risotto with chanterelles.










I was totally exhausted and thought it was 11 pm.  When I looked at my watch, it was only 6.  Went home to bed.

No comments: