Saturday, September 14, 2024

9/10 home and closure

 Maggi, Larry and I had an uneventful flight home.  Alec picked us up so we didn’t have to hassle getting on the shuttle bus to the cab  pickup area.

The airport in Oslo arranged for Adrienne to have help all the way through to LAX with the transfers and getting on and off planes.  She had a limo picking them up and it first took her to her house to drop the luggage and then on to the hospital.  Val’s doctor had made the arrangements for him to be admitted immediately.  They started an IV chemo drip and are keeping him until next Friday.  

So things are looking up for them.  Maggi sent me a picture and he looks much better. We are all hoping for the best.

This trip was definitely out of my wheelhouse.  Despite the problems I really had a wonderful time.  The Arctic is barren, uninhabited and amazingly beautiful. The ship was luxurious and very quiet with lots  of space for conversations.  My fellow passengers were congenial and interesting.  I am so glad that I went.

Look for my next installment:  Jane Austen convention in Cleveland starting October 16.

No comments: