Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Oct 25 Sat. Lama Temple with Ken

Saturday, my blouses were supposed to be finished, so after breakfast, we went to the campus tailor to pick them up. Not ready so early - come back later. I showed him on the calendar that we would be back the next day at the same early time. That seemed to be OK.

Just as we were finished that exercise, I received a call on my cell phone. It was from someone who insisted in speaking Chinese. A lot of Chinese. I kept saying in English that I didn't understand. I finally said, "Cashmere?" Cashmere, cashmere, cashmere came the reply. It was the sweater shop. Since the only word that we had in common was cashmere, we decided to go there and see what was going on. There were two possibilities. 1. Chuck's sweater was finished early. 2. There was a problem with Chuck's sweater. Either way visiting the shop seemed like a good idea.

The good news was that the sweater was ready. Chuck and the ladies.

Views of the shop:
Then we went to meet Ken. He was going to show us the Lama Temple with a Guinness book of World Record"s Statue and a much quieter Confucius Temple. Then we were meeting a friend of his at a restaurant in his neighborhood. (His neighborhood is a whole street of only restaurants.) Chuck is a little envious.



Views of the day.

For dinner we had pork balls rolled in rice.
chicken casserole:

mushrooms and baby bok choy
spicy beans
fish cooked in oil (also spicy)

And sesame balls for dessert. (They weren't as good as the ones we get in L. A.)


The cab drivers have a hard time finding our hotel. Getting home from the Military Museum, I had to call the hotel on my cell and have them give him directions.

Tonight's made a mistake and gave us back 10 RMB from the bill - very honest.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it is a very nice sweater. A beautiful blue color.Thanks for the e-mail.Sorry you miss Patty,but she also comes in November. We should then talk about our Christmas party date.Weather is very nice,but he talkes about possible rain by the weekend. I believe it when I get wet.See you very soon
Love Ursula