Sunday, October 12, 2008

Wed Oct. 9 A quiet day



We were supposed to take the excursion to the Great Wall. It was a beautiful sunny day, but Chuck was a little under the weather and didn't want to be too far from a western bathroom.

In the morning he had to go to the meeting because he was chairing a session. He feels fine, but when he needs to go - the squat pot isn't too good.

I walked the perimeter of 1/2 the campus. I was looking for a store that sold cards for putting more minutes on the prepaid phone. (My sim chip works this way.) When I found one, I showed the number that I needed to dial and the kid was able to decipher which card I needed. I made him put the minutes on and then I checked. When I knew it was the correct one, I bought another card, so I would have one in reserve.

When I got to the north gate, I entered the campus again and was able to see new parts of it. Passed the old people's play ground:

I see many more of these than one for kids.

The dean's office:
The woods in front of our hotel:
This is the view from our room. It is really an embankment hiding us from the road:

For lunch we had dumplings because they are quite soothing:

Both Chuck and I took naps in the afternoon. We didn't have dinner - Chuck was a little indisposed and I felt that skipping a meal wouldn't hurt me at all.

Had a good night's sleep and Chuck was well by morning.

No comments: