Sunday, August 07, 2011

A visit to New Haven in June

Now that I have figured this out, I am going to backtrack on my travels.

In June I went to Chuck's 50th reunion from Yale. I stayed with my friend Lorraine and we went showing of "Yale '61 - a 1000 voices and to the memorial service for those members of the class that had passed away. Both events were very moving and I spent most of the time in tears.

Between the two events we visited some of Chuck's favorite places and left little memories of him.

An inner courtyard at the library



A tree in the Silliman courtyard - his residential college



The physics lab



A few nights later we went to Sally's Apizza (the New Haven term) and had a pie in his memory. ( I also bought 3 small ones to freeze and bring home to Alec and family.)



They rest of my time there we just had a fabulous time hanging out. We went on the Thimble Islands tour - can not believe that I had never done this.
Lorraine and I on the boat



The islands are very tiny - some only slightly bigger than the house that is on it.



A heartfelt thank you to Lorraine and her husband Bob for helping me through a very emotional time.

BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: