Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Visiting in Geneva

Chuck and I were supposed to visit Geneva this spring. Sadly, this was not to be. So I took this opportunity to visit with friends that I haven't seen in ten years.

Annemarie is still the head of the craft group. She and her husband, Alec picked me up at the airport and took me to their house. They gave a little party for the current members of the group that night. I still knew three of them and the rest had heard about me.
Annemarie


Louise


Joyce, Winifred and Maureen - Winifred is 92. Geneva is good for old ladies.


Annemarie made this tart with raspberries from their garden.


On Sunday we drove to Yvoire, a medieval town on the lake for lunch.


Alec with Jill, another member of the group.


Our table was right on the lake


We had fillet of lake perch, frites and salad and lots of good conversation.



That evening we were sitting in the garden after dinner and the hedgehog came for a visit.


This is what started my hedgehog collection (probably his ancestor). I was really glad to see him.

No comments: