Tuesday, August 13, 2013

August 30 My first house guests

My friend Gabi, from Geneva, and her family came for a short visit. Gabi and Bernd christened the wall bed. Carolin and Tim used folding mats.

I met them about 19 years ago when Carolin was a toddler. She was the first to call me "Oma Joan ".

The first day we went to Venice Beach.


Day 2 we went to Hollywood, lunch in Thai Town, the observatory, drove down Sunset to the beach and then dinner at Duke's on the water in Malibu.



Day 3 we went to the La Brea Tar Pits, the Santa Monica Pier, walked along the palisade, then walked the 3rd street promenade and through the mall. We went to Alec and Jef's for a barbecue.




I said that this was getting me in shape for my trip.

Day 4 Jef and I took them to the airport. They were going to Hawaii.

Short but fun.

No comments: