Thursday, August 29, 2013

Monday, Aug. 19 Helsinki a




We all took a shuttle into the center of Helsinki. It was pouring. I WORE MY NEW RAINCOAT. I was the only dry one in the bunch. I was afraid that my return ticket was going to dissolve before I could put it in my pocket.

We all trudged along the esplanade with the rain beating down.


The first shop was actually a shawl. She had a ton of kits for mittens. It again looked like a feeding frenzy of sharks.



Ana and I went to find the design museum. We found the place the map claimed it was and saw nothing that could be it. I went into a very modern shop to ask. Since I was really dripping, I only stepped inside the door and the proprietors came to me. The map isn't very accurate. We headed up the street, but found it wouldn't open till 11. No problem, we can explore even in the rain.


This walking street had Formverk (fabulously interesting modern things for the home), a thrift shop, several gentlemen's clubs, and...

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: